Tramways are a living form of Hong Kong’s history. Trams are the first public transport in Hong Kong and have been in service for 117 years since 1904. While Hong Kong may give the impression of a modernised business city, a lot of its rich culture is hidden in plain sight, take the following heritage icons as an example.
- Pottinger Street (aka Stone Slab Street) in Central is known for its unevenly paved granite steps. Built in the 1850s and preserved until now, it is determined as a Grade I Historic Building in Hong Kong.
- Tai Kwun located at 10, Hollywood Street in Central is a former Police Station Compound. The compound was built between 1841 to 1925 and served as a prison and police station until 2006.
- Blue House is built in the 1870s in Wan Chai. Its vibrant blue colour and distinctive balcony Tong Lau architectural style reminds you of Hong Kong’s rich history; It is listed as a Grade I Historic Building.
Why Advertise on Tramways?
As tramways are still in service, advertising or riding on trams can let you experience and be a part of history, making your brand an “Icon of Hong Kong” alongside historical icons in Hong Kong. People would easily associate your brand with our national heritage values, creating significant impact and to your brand. Tramcars would act as moving billboards, displaying your large OOH advertisement while travelling through Prime Commercial and Shopping areas, creating top-of-mind awareness in the city. When advertising on tramcars, you would also own the entire Tram Body, giving you a larger area for advertising.
- Tramcar Body. Advertising on tramcar bodies allows you to own the whole tram body, therefore you could place your ad on the front, back and side of the tramcar body. Signature Tramcars have a smoother display surface and an enlarged display area on the side. Each tram is guaranteed to travel 15 journeys every day.
- Tram shelters are static OOH spaces at each tram station. Passengers waiting for the tram to arrive would be most susceptible to the advertisements since they stay at the ad for the longest period. Passengers alighting at the station would also see the advertisement.
Areas Covered by Tramway
Tramway services are only available in Hong Kong Island and are predominantly by the Victoria Harbour. Tramways connects Kennedy Town and Shau Kei Wan, though the trams do not necessarily travel the entirety of the tramway. The most noteworthy areas are the metropolitan zones and luxury residences in Central, financial hubs in Admiralty, large shopping areas and recreational facilities in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, and major local residential area and commercial hub of international corporations in Taikoo Shing and Quarry Bay.
Your OOH posters at the best rates on
Tramcar and Bus Shelter
Our dedicated team of media experts will take care of your quote request as soon as we receive it. We will negotiate on your behalf directly to the media you requested with best advertising rates. Within 24 hours, you will receive your quotation at the best negotiated rate possible. Feel free to reach us if you need any help or if you need additional media advice.