- Social media
Facebook is one of the, if not, the biggest social media platform worldwide with its 1.9 billion users. Facebook advertisements are paid messages to promote your product or service, created specifically for the campaign, and does not equate to boosted posts. With Facebook’s advertising tools, it helps you identify your advertising objective and target audience; using data from users, it helps you better target your advertisements that would appear on their website. Ad auctions systems are used so advertisers can bid on advertising spaces they are interested in. The bids and advertising cost is measured by CPM (cost-per-impression) and CPC (cost-per-click).
Facebook Advertising Formats
- Image ads: Consists of a single photo that showcases your product, service, or brand, alongside a text description of primarily 125 characters. Image ads would show up on the news feed of Facebook users where people usually post and read others’ updates. You can instantly make an impression and increase their interest in your brand and service. You should simply use an eye-catching photo that can present your brand’s personality and encourage people to follow your page. As you choose your advertising objective in Facebook tools, they will each have the corresponding ‘calls to action’ option.
- Video ads: Facebook video ads allows you to show off your product, service, or brands in video form. Video ads can appear as a stand-alone video advertisement in news feeds that plays when users scroll to the post of the video; they can also appear as in-stream video ads that plays during or in the beginning of videos, some of these video ads are skippable after a few seconds while some are not. The length of the video varies, shorter videos normally lead to the engagement of more mobile users.
- Carousel ads: A maximum of ten images or videos, each with their own links to websites, can be shown within one advertisement. The images and videos are shown back-to-back from each other, and you can therefore show a myriad of your products or services. Audiences scroll through the series of ads by swiping on their mobile device or by clicking the arrows on their desktop screen.
- Dynamic ads: Automatically promotes your entire product catalogue across Facebook, without having to create an advertisement for each product. It will capture the intent signals of the users and target the customers that have an interest in your products, showing the right products to the most probable leads. The cross-sell and up-sell functions of Facebook dynamic ads lets customers who purchased items before not repeatedly see the same products again.
Facebook Advertising Formats
- Call-to-action buttons. Single image or video ads and carousel ads has call-to-action buttons apart from the advertisement itself to lead people to different actions. Some of the buttons are See Menu, Shop Now, Sign Up, etc. They are usually external links towards your website which encourages audiences to engage with the website and investigate more information about your brand.
- Ads Manager. The all-in-one tool that helps with creating, targeting, and managing your advertisements. The tool provides countless different features, including customizing audiences, set up and manage budgets, get real time insights, just to name a few. It helps you tailor your advertisement according to your needs. The advertising process can also be simplified because no extra programmes are needed to monitor your advertisement after you have placed it.
- Panorama or 360 photos and videos. It has the same format as regular image or video ads, except the photo or video is shot in 360°, which means there are more than one angle to view the advertisement. Users can discover different parts of the image or video by moving their mobile phone, and the image would move along with their movement; they can also look at different parts by dragging on the screen. It is an interactive experience for the audience since they can explore different parts of the photo or video, which is more eye-catching and memorable than usual advertisements.
Features of Facebook Advertising
Facebook is by far the largest social media platform, which means it gives you the bigger chance to promote to a larger audience pool. When you advertise you often want as much probable customers to see your advertisement as possible, since Facebook users spans from 13-year-olds to over 65 years old, you would be able to reach different age groups.
With Facebook’s tools for advertising, you can have better control over who would see your advertisements. Not only can you select the age, gender, and locations of the audience, but you could also target them according to their interests and behaviours much more in depth than other types of advertising.
Advertisements on Facebooks are more customizable and can fit your budget better. You can enter your budget for the ad campaign along with other details, and the algorithm would help you calculate and find advertising spaces and frequency which is within your budget. Thus, gives you more liberty in how your advertisements would be presented.